Job Skills is pleased to once again offer a Professional Development / Networking opportunity in support of the business community. Beyond the Bottom Line will provide expert advice and information on a range of topics of interest to business owners and their employees.
The one-day Conference features:
- 'Infusiastic' Keynote Address
- Expert Speakers
- Dynamic, Informative Workshops
- Employer of the Year Presentation
- Networking Opportunities
$50 for the first ticket, $25/additional ticket(s)
Register by August 31, 2017 and be entered in a draw for the Early Bird Prize: a 32Gb ACER Iconia Android Tablet!
Join us on Thursday, October 4, 2017 from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm at The Venetian Banquet & Hospitality Centre, 219 Romina Drive, Vaughan, ON L4K 4V3.
8 – 9:00 Registration/Breakfast
8:45 Opening RemarksX
Kyle will provide attendees an inside look at the successes and failures he’s faced as an entrepreneur and how he’s changed his business focus and attitude with each one.This light-hearted, energizing session will help attendees change their view of failure and change their view of fear. Kyle hopes to help people eliminate the fear of failure altogether, and provide examples of how positive thinking and positive attitude has helped turn would-be failures into successes. Join Kyle as he teaches you how to infuse some enthusiasm in all of your business and marketing endeavours. email@example.com | 416.255.4000
Sometimes even the most unexpected ideas can turn into a great business. In 2000, Kyle founded his first business Addrenaline Media. He saw a cultural shift happening in the world of events and digital experiences and Addrenaline Media was founded to bring the rapidly changing online world within reach of the events industry. Since then, Addrenaline has grown to become the lead digital agency for a number of Fortune 500 companies and medium-sized businesses alike.
As one that never stops, Kyle has pioneered several successful start-ups and digital properties. He is also Director of Marketing + Strategy for Décor & More Inc., Canada’s most-awarded event design firm. He is also half of the recording act Classick, which has seen successful placements in television and media productions. His passion for music, culture and the digital age affords him a unique perspective on everything he touches.
Kyle’s ever-burning entrepreneurial fire has seen him as:
- President of International Live Events Association Toronto
- President of BizBash Media Toronto
- Speaker and Moderator at Live BizBash events in NYC
- Member of Advisory Council for Seneca College’s Event Design Program
- Founder of web property BabyOnTheWay.ca (sold in 2012)
- Co-writer and musician on song that would open CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada in 2015.
- Co-writer and musician on song that would back CBC’s Pan-Am Games coverage 2015.
- Appeared on and acquired deal on Dragon’s Den for his internet property EverydayActors.com (2017)
10:00 – 11:45 Morning Session (participants have a choice of one):
- Computerizing & Automating Your Business, presented by Competitive Computing Consultants Inc.
- An overview of Process Automation
- A history of computerizing your business
- Where are we today with computing for business
- How to use automation today with minimal investment
- Where do you start?
- Strategies and Road-maps
- Frameworks and Delivery Techniques
- Program and Project Management
- Cloud Computing
- RFP creation and full life-cycle delivery or responses
- Process Automation
- Social Media
- Customer Service
- Help you find the right Subject Matter Expert to assist you with your business needs.
- A Look at the Books – Finance Tips for Small Business, presented by Adam Delle Cese, Partner and Trudy White, Manager, BDO Canada LLP
Computerizing & Automating Your Business
In this workshop, you will learn about the techniques and technologies available for increasing efficiencies throughout your business lifecycle. Topics that will be covered include:
The objective and outcome of this workshop is to provide a depth and breadth of knowledge related to using current technologies and applying automation techniques to ensure consistency in everyday business processes; remove wasteful paper driven processes; empower your staff with the right tools and techniques to deliver on your products and services; and increase efficiencies (which means profits) in running any business.
About Competitive Computing Consultants Inc.
Competitive Computing Consultants Inc. delivers training and consulting services to both private and public organizations interested in elevating employee knowledge and expertise. We deliver a combination of hands-on training of products and services combined with our professionally developed video training series. We believe in tangible outcomes and ensure all our clients walk away satisfied and above all with increased knowledge. Our Services include:
A Look at the Books – Finance Tips for Small Business
Does record keeping or understanding corporate structure keep you up at night?
Accurate record keeping and financial information are primary to the success of any business. During our talk we’ll cover the basics of bookkeeping and different corporate structures. You’ll understand what you need to prepare the books yourself or how to be sufficiently organized to delegate this crucial part of your business and outsource.
- Importance of proper bookkeeping
- Advanced bookkeeping techniques
- Accounting software
- Accounting for income taxes
- Strategies for paying less tax
- Methods to simplify record keeping
- How to prepare for your accountant
- Different corporate structures
- Tax advantages for each structure
- HST Filings
Adam Delle Cese, CPA, CA, Partner, BDO Canada LLP
Adam is a Partner in BDO’s Newmarket office, with over 16 years of professional experience providing accounting and assurance, tax and consulting services to owner-managed corporations, not-for-profit organizations and individuals. Adam has provided customized solutions to clients in a wide range of industries, including Manufacturing, Not-For-Profit, Public Sector and Agriculture. He has successfully assisted a number of clients with complex accounting transactions and reporting in accordance with the various accounting standards including IFRS, ASPE and ASNPO.
Adam is a member of BDO’s Technical A & A Expert Group and also sits on the Manufacturing, NPO and Agriculture Industry Teams. Adam has also been instructor for client information events, internal training sessions as well as for courses provided by CPA Ontario.
Professional Designations & Education
- Bachelor of Arts, Honours Economics and Accounting, Wilfrid Laurier University (2000)
- Chartered Accountant, Ontario (2003)
- Chartered Professional Accountant, Ontario (2012)
- President-Elect, Rotary Club of Newmarket
- Member, Finance Committee, OSPCA
- President, Catholic School Council, St. John Chrysostom Catholic School
- Assistant Coach, Soccer, Newmarket Soccer Club
Trudy White, CPA, CA, CFE, Manager, BDO Canada LLP
Trudy has over 20 years’ experience in accounting and auditing and is currently a manager at the audit firm BDO Canada LLP. She received her Chartered Accountant designation in 1993, Chartered Professional Accountant designation in 2013 and Certified Fraud Examiner designation in 2012. Trudy has provided audit and accounting services to a wide range of not-for-profit and charity organizations in the York Region area. Trudy joined the board of the Women’s Centre of York Region in 2016 as Treasurer and provides accounting advice to the organization.X
Employer of the Year
Job Skills has a tradition of recognizing businesses that not only receive support and services, but give back in many ways. Our Business Liaison Specialists nominate companies that they work with, based on specific criteria, and a commitee reviews the submission utilizing a scoring matrix. Matthew & Michael Waddington of CPG Aerospace, a company reknowned for its support of the community and strong charitable work, will announce the nominees, and present the award for the 2017 Employer of the Year.
Matthew Waddington is Vice President of Business Administration at CPG Aerospace, and is a founding member of the Family Advisory Network for the Labatt Family Heart Centre at the Hospital for Sick Children. He is a graduate of the Strategic Leadership Program from the Schulich School of Business, and lives in Newmarket with his wife and two kids.
A graduate of Conestoga College's Aviation program, Michael has taken his background experience and applied it to the position of VP-Operations within CPG Aerospace which specializes in manufacturing components for the aerospace industry. Michael lives in Keswick and owes his success to the support of his wife Liz.
12:30 – 1:30 Lunch / Networking
1:45 – 3:30 Afternoon Session (participants have a choice of one):
- More Exposure = More Business, presented by Sam Rad, Owner, market!t.ca
- Employment Law Essentials, Panel Members: Lorenzo Lisi, Partner, Aird Berlis LLP; Stuart E. Rudner, Partner, Rudner MacDonald LLP; Matthew R. Vella, LL.B., LL.M., Partner, Loopstra Nixon LLP
Sam Rad, Owner, market!t.ca; YouTube Partner & Content Creator
Find out all you need to know about setting up and managing your own marketing strategies so you can have a competitive advantage when it comes to your presence among some of your top competitors.
Sam Rad is a digital marketing and social media marketing specialist. He is also a YouTube partner and the founder of Canada's first DIY channel on YouTube. And after you hear him talk for 10 minutes, you will know so much more about how to apply his tips and suggestions to make your personal and professional life better.
He has been a guest speaker at various government, private and not-for-profit organization where he shares his skills and wisdom with many entrepreneurs and members of the community.
On a personal note, Sam Rad loves life. It is also his mission to make a difference in another person’s life every day. He is a mentor, an adviser, a motivational speaker and an avid networker.X
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! Employment Law Essentials
This interactive Q & A workshop will help you get up to speed on all the latest employment law changes in Ontario including workplace accommodation, hiring and firing of employees, and interpreting Bills 132 & 148.
Please feel free to send your questions to us in advance when you register, to have them answered at the workshop
3:30 – 4:00 Networking