Job Skills is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing people’s capacity to participate in the labour market, thereby contributing to the economic and social viability of our community.
(F/T contract position – based in Markham)
The Job Developer provides matching and placement services to clients who are unlikely to succeed in conducting their own job search, because of poor work habits, market perception barriers, or interpersonal skills. S/he plays a “hands-on” role of attending to client needs and issues in securing employment. S/he is responsible for establishing a direct relationship with employers – contacting them, meeting with them, encouraging them to provide opportunities for clients and trouble-shooting when there are problems. Troubleshoot problems with Employer and/or Employment Consultant and the Job Developer Team.
In Job Matching, Placement and Incentives, clients expect:
- help in matching their skills and interests with work opportunities
- help in facilitation of work opportunities and negotiation of the employment relationship on their behalf
- experiential or on-the-job training
- placement support in identifying and resolving workplace issues that may affect their success, and
- if necessary, financial support to remove barriers to participation
- assessment of a client's skills, aptitudes and interests in relation to their workplace business needs
- help in developing a work experience or on-the-job training plan that is realistic for the client and consistent with the workplace requirements
- support in identifying and resolving workplace issues with the participant that may impact the employers' ability to meet business goals, and
- financial incentives to offset some of the costs of their commitment to an effective work experience or on-the-job training placement, where appropriate and necessary
Job Matching and Placement Services
- Outreach to Employers to identify opportunities in the "hidden" job market i.e. those not yet available in the competitive job market, which means the Employer has not started the recruiting process through job postings or job ads
- Assessment of an Employer's workplace capacity to provide a positive work experience and workplace training
- Identification of clients who are placement ready when the work opportunity is available
- Sensitivity/diversity training, workplace safety training, information on accommodation needs
- Support for Employers in identifying the skills and competencies required to perform work
- Matching an Employer's workplace/job needs with a client's capabilities
- Facilitating work placements, including volunteer, job test and hire, full time or part time work experience and on-the-job training opportunities
- Negotiating work placement agreements and contracts with clients and employers of varying durations, not to exceed one year, including the identification of workplace training objectives and commitments and financial incentives
- Monitoring and supporting the placement with the participant and the Employer to facilitate success
- Providing mentoring and coaching support during and after the placement, and
- Administering the contract with the Employer, including the timely processing and payment of financial incentives and managing 'flow through' employment and training incentives and supports
- Ensure Employer eligibility
- Development of a pool of mentors/coaches to support clients/participants
- Identification of the need for additional support (with c1ienUparticipant and employer, as appropriate)
- Development of a support plan with the c1ient/participant and the mentor/coach and employer (as appropriate)
- Linking clients/participants with mentors and coaches to provide support during and after job placement
- Monitoring of the mentor/coach relationship with clients and participants
- Support workplace success, facilitating adjustments as required
- Participates in community activities and job fairs
- Networks with community and employment agencies as required
- Conducts outreach to clients and employers as necessary
- Sales & Marketing background would be an asset
- Maintains database of Employers
- Develop monthly summary reports and complete other administrative duties as necessary
- Establishes monthly/yearly targets for job placements based on contract requirements
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date, documentation of client’s activities to maintain
- Researches and analyzes current and future job market trends that are relevant to the client base
- Attends staff meetings and participates in reporting and decision-making as required.
- Identifies professional development needs and participates in training opportunities.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Performs other duties as required.
Job Skills embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.We thank all applicants, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Apply by E-mail to:
14-130 Davis Drive
Newmarket, ON, L3Y 2N1