The You Fit program provides personalized employment solutions for young people who have not been in education, employment, or training for at least six months, including marginalized youth and young adults. The program identifies and supports success by increasing participants’ employability skills through a concentrated five-day intensive “boot camp” program.
During the program, the participants are paid a living allowance equivalent to 30 hrs x minimum wage. Post-program, participants not employed are paid to attend a six-week work placement at 35hrs/wk x minimum wage. In addition, to allow equity of access to the program, child care is available for those requiring it.
The program will be delivered online to York Region and Peel Region residents.
- Current job search techniques and strategies
- Employment Preparation
- Receiving ongoing coaching and job search supports
- Financial support for those that qualify
- Toll-free – 1-866-592-6278
- Marginalized youth and young adults who have not been in education, employment, or training (NEET) for a period of at least six months
- Between 15 – 29 years of age
- In need of assistance to overcome barriers to employment
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
Funded by: Service Canada