The Early Childhood Educator Assistant program is designed to provide support and training for internationally trained individuals and residents of York Region with child care credentials or experience with child care experience looking to re-enter the workforce.
Through the ECEA program, participants are provided with the education and training required to work in a licensed child care facility in Ontario that addresses current regulations/requirements and overcomes identified skills gaps and employment barriers.
The ECEA initiative is a four-week program, with sessions specific to topics and regulated requirements in child care as well as workshops, support and certifications in topics relevant to working in the child care space in Ontario.
- Workshops related to working in a licensed childcare facility in York Region
- Workshops on job search strategies
Industry-Specific Certifications INCLUDE:
- Standard First Aid, Emergency CPR, including infant and child CPR; WHMIS and Food Handling
- Toll-free – 1-866-592-6278
- 2 years of experience working in a childcare setting in their home country
- Over the age of 18
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a protected person
- English at a minimum of CLB 6 to communicate in person with children, parents, and co-workers effectively
- Resides in York Region
Funded by: the Regional Municipality of York