The Right Fit for You program is a twenty-week program targeted to support York Region and Peel Region youth with disabilities and/or complex barriers in overcoming barriers to employment.
The Right Fit for You program offers the following:
- Social Worker/Facilitator on the RFFY team will provide clients with assistance and tools they can use to benefit them in becoming and staying healthy and improving their ability to stay healthy and meet their life and employment goals
- Small group and individual sessions for RFFY clients moving through their pathway to economic stability as well as providing relevant referrals to additional support services they may need
- Clients will be paid an allowance equal to minimum wage according to attendance
- Wrap-around supports such as dependent care, disability supports, travel, and counselling both individual and group
- Skills training, mentoring, coaching, work experience placement and follow-up support
Youth will acquire the skills and learning experiences and opportunities they need to find and maintain employment or return to school through a 4 Phase approach.
- Phase 1 – Self-exploration/Career planning (6 weeks/12 hours per week)
- Phase 2 – Employment preparation (6 weeks/12 hours per week)
- Phase 3 – Job coaching/Targeted job search techniques (4 weeks/12 hours per week)
- Phase 4 – Job Placement with ongoing job coaching, supports and follow-up (4 weeks/9-12 hours per week)
Sessions will be offered concurrently in class and via webcast through a remotely accessible live webinar format.
- Self-Exploration/Career Planning
- Employment Preparation
- Job Coaching/Targeted Job Search Techniques
- Job Placement with ongoing job coaching, supports and follow-up
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive)
- Canadian citizen, or permanent resident, or a protected person as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work in Canada and legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- Client must self-identify as having a disability