Job Skills is pleased to announce that the Bridge to Health Care Alternatives program will once again support internationally trained health care professionals with finding a related career in Canada.
Over the last three years, the program supported 230+ internationally trained professionals with health care work experience to find an alternative career path in their new country. This online program focuses on helping individuals look at career paths in the non-regulated health care industry where certification may not be required.
Participants receive an in depth overview of the Canadian workplace values and expectations, while also learning Canadian workplace terminology and communication. Participants will learn about current job search techniques and develop strategies to enter the Canadian workforce.
There will be scheduled, facilitator-led online workshops and group discussions held Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (schedule to be determined).
Access our e-learning platform to gain the knowledge to succeed in your job search.
- Canadian workplace values and expectations
- Health care terminology and communication
- Current job search techniques and strategies
GAIN VALUABLE WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Completing a work placement
- Participating in virtual employer networking events
- Linking with an experienced health care professional mentor
- Receiving ongoing coaching and job search supports
- Call – 1-866-592-6278
- Permanent resident, convention refugee, landed immigrant or live-In caregiver
- Internationally educated professional with a recognized degree in health care or a related field
- Have a minimum of two years of work experience in health care outside of Canada
- English language level equal to CLB7
- Resides in York Region and Toronto
Funded by: Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada