The Youth Entrepreneurship program gives promising young entrepreneurs access to resources and skills providing the best chance for the success of their new businesses. You will have the opportunity to start your own business during this 24-week program that serves youth in York Region & Peel Region.
The program is currently delivered via online workshops with support from a professional Business Coach. It is delivered in two phases: Phase I includes a series of information workshops for 14 weeks that you will use to develop a business plan. Phase II has you actively putting these skills into practice for 10 weeks while you start your business activities with coaching assistance provided by the Business Coach.
Program Status: Registration is currently closed. Contact us today to pre-register for information sessions that will start in mid-January 2022 for the upcoming March 7, 2022 program.
- Developing a broad range of skills, knowledge, and experience – tailored to your individual needs – to start a business
- Life skills such as goal setting, time management, conflict resolution
- Presentations skills
- Critical business skills including marketing, legal requirements, sales strategies, government regulations, and cash flow
- How to create a business plan
- Toll-free – 1-866-470-5947
- Text – 289-312-3244
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive)
- A Canadian Citizen or permanent resident
- In need of assistance to overcome barriers to employment
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- Participants are referred to the YEP by an employment consultant at an Employment Ontario Employment Services (EOES) Centre. Completion of registration forms is required for consideration in the program.
Funded by: Funded by the Government of Canada