The Youth Entrepreneurship program gives promising young entrepreneurs access to resources and skills providing the best chance for the success of their new businesses. You’ll have the opportunity to start your own business during this six-month program. The program serves youth in York Region & Peel Region.
The program is delivered via facilitated online workshops with support from a professional business coach. The program is delivered in two phases: Phase I includes a series of information workshops that you will use to develop a business plan. Phase II has you actively putting these skills in practice as you start your business with the ongoing support of the business coach.
Program Status: Registration for the next start date of March 22, 2021 is now open.
- Developing a broad range of skills, knowledge, and experience – tailored to your individual needs – to start a business
- Life skills such as goal setting, time management, conflict resolution
- Presentations skills
- Critical business skills including marketing, legal requirements, sales strategies, government regulations, and cash flow
- How to create a business plan
- Toll-free – 1-866-470-5947
- Text – 289-312-3244
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive)
- A Canadian Citizen or permanent resident
- In need of assistance to overcome barriers to employment
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
Funded by: Service Canada