The Youth Entrepreneurship program gives promising young entrepreneurs access to resources and skills providing the best chance for the success of their new businesses. You will have the opportunity to start your own business during this 24-week program that serves youth in York Region & Peel Region.
The program is currently delivered via online workshops with support from a professional Business Coach. It is delivered in two phases: Phase I includes a series of information workshops for 14 weeks that you will use to develop a business plan. Phase II has you actively putting these skills into practice for 10 weeks while you start your business activities with coaching assistance provided by the Business Coach.
Program Status: Contact us today to pre-register for the information sessions that start January 6, 2023 for the upcoming February 21, 2023 program
Access our e-learning platform to gain the knowledge to succeed in your job search.
- Developing a broad range of skills, knowledge, and experience – tailored to your individual needs – to start a business
- Life skills such as goal setting, time management, and conflict resolution
- Presentation skills
- Critical business skills including marketing, legal requirements, sales strategies, government regulations, and cash flow
- How to create a business plan
- Toll-free – 1-866-470-5947
- Text – 289-312-3244
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive)
- A Canadian Citizen or permanent resident
- In need of assistance to overcome barriers to employment
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- Participants are referred to the YEP by an employment consultant at an Employment Ontario Employment Services (EOES) Centre. Completion of registration forms is required for consideration in the program.
Funded by: Funded by the Government of Canada
FGF Brands would like to thank Job Skills for a job well done putting together a virtual career fair. The event exceeded our expectations and we were able to fill an opening. We would recommend their services in the future and look forward to continuing our partnership.
It was a great feeling coming to the workshops each day to learn principles that could be implemented into my own business to enhance productivity. The business plan really opened up my insight into a lot of factors within my industry and business such as competitors, suppliers, and my target market.
I am so grateful I had the opportunity to be part of a great program catered to women. I enjoyed the supportive environment which helped me to grow and learn and gain hands-on experience in a business setting. In addition, Simpact successfully prepared me and supported me in finding employment including being a great reference for me.
Your online classes were not only full of knowledge but were also full of life. Your way of delivering the information was very enthusiastic, engaging, and motivating. When I shared with you that I have a good opportunity with Amazon, you walked with me… in order to improve my performance and this definitely contributed to my success in getting the job.
This program is phenomenal! It has been such a welcoming place and the support from staff and other participants has been amazing. The whole work environment has been created as a safe place to be yourself and contribute your skillset at your comfort level… I had figuratively lost my voice, this program helped me find my voice.
Having just gotten to Canada about 2 weeks ago this was the most valuable experience I have had. I have run my own business in the past and appreciate that execution and time management is one of the most important things I can focus on. I got so much value from the slides and the conversation today because this was insight that would have taken me months to gather.