Self-Employment Pathways for Newcomers is an innovative three-phase program currently delivered monthly online. Individuals will have the opportunity to investigate self-employment and access resources and tools to support their decision on this career pathway. Newcomers often face additional barriers when starting a business, and involvement in the program will provide knowledge of Canadian business culture, help develop social and professional networks and provide information on accessing financing. The program currently serves Newcomers in York Region & the GTA. Contact us for more information.
Phase 1 (TWO, day sessionS)
- The legal forms of business ownership and how to register a business
- Licensing and regulations to start a business
- Business taxation and financing option
- Upon completion, participants can move to Phase 2
Phase 2 (TWO, day sessionS)
- Assess your business concept
- Find opportunities and identify trends in the marketplace
- Learn how to conduct market research and identify your target market
- Receive support and coaching
- Upon completion, participants can move to Phase 3
Phase 3 (FIVE, TWO Day SESSIONS)
- Participate in group sessions on business development, receive individual and group business coaching and support and have access to relevant business tools and industry experts
- Participants will receive a certificate of completion for the program
- Toll-free – 1-877-761-1155
- Local – 905-477-4639
- Permanent residents and applicants for permanent residence with a letter from IRCC informing them their application for landing had been approved
- Ukrainian nationals under the Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel (CUAET) Program are deemed eligible persons by IRCC to participate in the program until March 31, 2025.
- Convention refugees
- Live-in caregivers
- CLB Level 5 minimum
Funded by: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
FGF Brands would like to thank Job Skills for a job well done putting together a virtual career fair. The event exceeded our expectations and we were able to fill an opening. We would recommend their services in the future and look forward to continuing our partnership.
It was a great feeling coming to the workshops each day to learn principles that could be implemented into my own business to enhance productivity. The business plan really opened up my insight into a lot of factors within my industry and business such as competitors, suppliers, and my target market.
I am so grateful I had the opportunity to be part of a great program catered to women. I enjoyed the supportive environment which helped me to grow and learn and gain hands-on experience in a business setting. In addition, Simpact successfully prepared me and supported me in finding employment including being a great reference for me.
Your online classes were not only full of knowledge but were also full of life. Your way of delivering the information was very enthusiastic, engaging, and motivating. When I shared with you that I have a good opportunity with Amazon, you walked with me… in order to improve my performance and this definitely contributed to my success in getting the job.
This program is phenomenal! It has been such a welcoming place and the support from staff and other participants has been amazing. The whole work environment has been created as a safe place to be yourself and contribute your skillset at your comfort level… I had figuratively lost my voice, this program helped me find my voice.
Having just gotten to Canada about 2 weeks ago this was the most valuable experience I have had. I have run my own business in the past and appreciate that execution and time management is one of the most important things I can focus on. I got so much value from the slides and the conversation today because this was insight that would have taken me months to gather.