Level Up is a 5-week online/facilitator-led program designed to provide youth with the soft skills that employers are looking for and gain success in their professional lives. The program is delivered through online workshops and activities on topics including teamwork, communication, personal time management, attitude, work ethic & problem-solving.
Learn about and receive
- A customized action plan (outlining steps to reach an employment goal)
- A personal career assessment
- Personal success skills
- Work experience (through job shadowing, volunteer and/or paid work)
- 5-week program
- 3 workshops per week consisting of soft skills training, interactive activities, individual online support for clients through chat and email and connections to business liaison specialists to make connections with potential employers.
- Completion badges will be provided to participants after each component is completed.
- A completion certificate will be awarded at the end of the program.
- Participants will be asked to complete workshop evaluations as well as an overall program evaluation.
- Follow up with participants 3 and 6 months post-program.
- Youth (early adults) 19-25 years of age
- Unemployed or under-employed: that have been unemployed for more than 6 months or have not maintained a job for more than 3 months.
- Residents of York Region
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
Funded by: The Ontario Trillium Foundation