The Job Search Workshop (JSW) program—the first step to employment in Canada—has been specifically designed to assist new and recent immigrants to Canada in their job search. It offers pre-employment training and assists internationally trained individuals with the initial stages of their job search. The two strategic workshop models will equip participants with the knowledge and skills to better understand the strategies, business perspectives, and next steps of the job search process through individualized job search coaching, practice sessions, and professional networking events.
The program is delivered by specialists who understand the job search needs of people new to Canada; provides thorough needs assessments by trained assessors; creates personalized action plans and one-on-one coaching opportunities and offers referrals to other programs, services, and job postings.
- How to identify your skills and accomplishments in the Canadian context
- How to research local employers and the labour market
- Develop a Canadian style resume and cover letter and interview skills
- How to apply for jobs in response to job postings
- Create networking contacts and use social media for your job search
- Learn to understand the Canadian company perspective of recruiting, hiring, resume selection and interviewing
- Toll-free – 1-877-761-1155
- Internationally educated individuals
- New or recent immigrants
- Ready, willing, and able to work
- Able to communicate in the English language
- A permanent resident, convention refugee or live-in caregiver
Funded by: Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada