The Point, Click, Connect Program is a digital literacy training program targeted to underrepresented groups across York Region, including Indigenous, low-income, seniors, persons with disabilities, and newcomers. Throughout the one-week course, clients will learn basic computer skills enabling safe internet practices, effectively increasing their self-confidence. The Program is supported by a dedicated team of technologically savvy professional trainers and delivered online and at multiple locations in the northern and southern York region, including Job Skills, Welcome Centre and community partner locations.
Computer equipment is provided during the program.
- Computer Basics, Introduction to Windows
- Basic Communication on Email and Social Media
- Internet: Searching, Sharing, Google Drive
- Internet Safety: Privacy and Security, Online Shopping
- Networking and Job Searching Online
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Individual Coaching: one-on-one support
- Local – 905-235-5255
- Toll-free – 1-866-592-6278
- York Region Residents
- Over 16 years of age
- Indigenous, low-income, seniors, persons with disabilities, and newcomers
Funded by: Federal – Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada