The Youth Job Connection initiative is designed to provide valuable pre-employment training, mentorship and work opportunities for youth who experience multiple or complex barriers to employment.
Through YJC, youth will clarify their employment goals and develop employment service plans, using activities and services designed to meet those goals. Youth will have the ability to participate in pre-employment workshops designed to improve job readiness and life skills and paid job placements that range from a few days to a maximum of six months. Youth Job Connection (YJC) includes 60 hours, and Youth Job Connection Summer (YJCS) consists of 20 hours of workshops, which provide a minimum wage stipend to participants.
Throughout the placement, youth will have access to one-on-one job coaching support from JS staff, as well as networking opportunities and mentorship from employers and past-program participants. YJC provides access to one-one-on ongoing career coaching, leadership and networking opportunities, including the option of returning to the program as a youth mentor.
- Assessment of your needs
- Pre-employment services and workshops
- Job matching, placements and employer hiring incentives
- Education and work transition supports
- Call – 1-866-470-5947
- Text – 289-312-3244
- Youth aged 15-29 will be eligible to participate if they are not currently in education, employment or training
- Resident of Ontario
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Additional suitability criteria may apply
Funded by: This Employment Ontario Program is funded by the Government of Ontario