Next session: October 10, 2017 to March 23, 2018 in Brampton.
Register today for an Information and Intake Session to be held at:
• Monday, September 25, 2017 - 2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.
• Thursday, September 28, 2017 - 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, October 3, 2017 - 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
• Thursday, October 5, 2017 - 2:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.
YEP is a 24-week program that offers promising youth entrepreneurs access to business training, resources and financial support for the best chance of success in their own new company or self-employment.
Participants attend workshops led by an experienced self-employment facilitator/coach, develop a comprehensive business plan and launch their business while in the program. Interactive and supportive workshops along with field assignments, help individuals develop their business idea into an actionable plan. Coaching and mentoring are provided during the critical start-up phase. Qualified participants receive financial assistance. All at no cost to participants.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive)
- Out of school
- In need of assistance to overcome barriers to employment (see below)
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations, and
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
The Youth Entrepreneurship Program is intended to assist youth facing barriers to employment. Examples of employment barriers include, but are not limited to:
- High school non-completion
- Person with a disability
- Aboriginal origin
- Visible or ethnic minority
- Residing in a rural or remote location
- Single parent
- Recent immigrant youth
- Official language minority community language barriers (i.e. Francophone residing outside Québec or English-speaking resident of Québec)
For more information, contact Job Skills at:
Toll-Free #: 1-866-470-5947